Try one of these quick, easy and delicious side dishes with your favourite protein for a nutritious and flavour-filled week night dinner!
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
2-3 Broccoli heads - florets chopped into small segments
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup of grated parmesan
Salt and pepper
- Lay the broccoli florets evenly over a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and toss garlic, salt and pepper through. Sprinkle the parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees, or until broccoli is tender and parmesan is golden on top.
2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
2 cups green cabbage, shredded
2 cups carrot, shredded
3/4 cup greek yoghurt
2 Tsp vinegar
2 Tsp lemon or lime juice
1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
Salt and pepper
- In a large serving bowl, toss the cabbage and carrot together. In a separate bowl, combine the greek yoghurt, vinegar, lemon or lime juice, honey, salt and pepper then pour over the salad mix and toss to combine.
Balsamic Garlic Mushrooms & Spinach
500g button mushrooms
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs honey
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Sauté the mushrooms and garlic in olive oil in a pan until just browned. Then add in the balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to combine, then add in the spinach.
- Sauté for a further 3-5 minutes until the mushrooms are tender, the spinach has wilted and the sauce has reduced slightly.
500g cherry tomatoes
200g of baby mozzarella or bocconcini
2 Tbsp Balsamic glaze
1 Tbsp Olive oil
- In a bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, baby mozzarella or bocconcini and fresh basil, then drizzle the balsamic glaze and olive oil over the top.