My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
This zucchini lasagne recipe is a lighter, guilt-free take on the classic, and you won't even be able to tell the difference!
500g of lean mince (or quorn mince as a vegetarian substitute)
1 Tsp olive oil
1 Brown onion
2 Garlic cloves
1 Can of crushed tomatoes (no added salt)
2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
2 Tsp of Italian herbs
3 Large zucchinis, thinly sliced and dried with paper towel
1 1/2 Cups of ricotta
1/4 Cup of Parmigiano Reggiano
1 Large egg
4 Cups of shredded mozzarella
1. Sauté garlic and onions with olive oil in a large pan, and add in mince until browned.
2. Add tinned tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and Italian herbs to the pan. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until thickened.
3. Salt the sliced, dried zucchinis and set aside for 10 minutes, then dry with paper towel. Cook in a pan for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until tender, and dry again with paper towel.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, ricotta and parmesan cheese.
5. In a 9x12 dish, spread 1/2 a cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom and top with a layer of zucchini slices followed by a 1/2 cup layer of the cheese sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Repeat this order until the ingredients are used up, finishing off with mozzarella on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of the lasagne is golden and crispy. Serve, and enjoy!