This easy and delicious recipe is a great lunch or dinner option that is affordable and simple to prepare. It's also packed with protein and will be sure to please the whole family! Feel free to add any additional veggies or spices to the mix to shake it up a little!
3 large capsicums
500g lean mince - quorn mince as a vegetarian substitute
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup grated zucchini
1 Tbsp Italian herbs seasoning
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking dish
2. To prepare the capsicums, half each one and remove the stems and seeds. Season the inside of each half with salt and pepper and arrange on the baking dish.
3. In a large pan, sauté the onions and garlic lightly in the olive oil, then adding in the mince and cook until browned, seasoning with salt and pepper. Then add in the Italian herbs, zucchini and crushed tomatoes until cooked through.
4. Add the mince mixture evenly into the capsicum halves. Then add 1/2 cup of water to the baking dish in between the capsicums and cover with foil.
5. Bake for around 30 minutes until the capsicums are tender, then remove the foil and cover the capsicums with cheese and return to the oven until melted and lightly golden, around 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!