My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
This quick and delicious Garlic Butter Prawns with Asparagus is the perfect summer dinner that is super quick and easy to prepare!
700g medium raw prawns, peeled and deveined
1 bunch of asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons onion powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup vegetable stock
1/2 tablespoon tabasco
Crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Fresh chopped parsley or coriander
1. In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter then add the asparagus and saute until cooked - around 5 minutes. Remove the asparagus and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add the remaining butter followed by the prawns. Cook for 1-2 minutes on one side. Then add in the minced garlic and seasoning and cook the prawns for a further 1-2 minutes on the other side.
3. Add the vegetable stock and tabasco to the pan, allowing to reduce for a further minute or so.
4. Add the asparagus back to the pan and toss through the sauce, adding a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Serve with coriander or parsley and chilli flakes, and enjoy!