My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
This low-carb take on the Mexican classic is a great way to still enjoy Taco Tuesday guilt-free! Our Zucchini enchilada recipe is packed with chicken, cheese, salsa, corn and beans and is a much healthier alternative to the original that the whole family will love!
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup shredded cheese
3 large zucchinis, finely sliced into large strips
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup tomato salsa
1 cup red enchilada sauce
2 Tsp chilli powder
2 Tsp ground cumin
Salt and pepper
1. Saute onions and garlic in a pan with olive oil until browned, then add in the corn, beans, seasoning and shredded chicken until heated through.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the salsa, 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray. To prepare the zucchinis, use a y shaped peeler to slice wide ribbons or very thinly slice the zucchini, and dry using paper towel. On a separate tray, lay out three ribbons of zucchini into a row, slightly overlapping each other, and add 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture and tightly roll the zucchini. Repeat this until all the mixture has been used and carefully transfer the assembled enchiladas onto the baking tray.
4. Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over the zucchinis and top with the rest of the cheese.
5. Bake for around 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden and the filling is hot.