My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups sweet potatoes, chopped
1 brown onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
1 cup white quinoa
2 cups vegetarian stock
1 cup frozen corn
1 can chili beans in mild sauce
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes
Optional toppings: fresh lime juice, chopped coriander, sour cream, cheddar cheese, guacamole
1. In a large pot, heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic, then add chopped sweet potatoes until tender (around 10 minutes) and stir through the spices.
2. Rinse the quinoa and add to the pot off the heat, stirring for about 30 seconds.
3. Return the pot to the heat and add in the vegetable stock, frozen corn, undrained chilli beans, black beans and diced tomatoes.
4. Stir everything together well and bring the pot to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for around 20-25 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to a thick consistency. Stir frequently while simmering to ensure the chilli doesn't stick to the pan.
5. Serve the chilli with your preferred toppings, for example a dollop of sour cream, guacamole, cheese or a sprinkle of coriander.