There's nothing better than coming home at the end of a long day to your furry best friend, and as it turns out research has shown that they actually can benefit your health in more ways than one! Here are some of the top reasons owning a dog or cat can be amazingly beneficial for your overall health:
1. They help to reduce stress by decreasing the stress hormone cortisol
2. Patting your pet can reduce your blood pressure by up to half
3. They boost your motivation to exercise
4. Can help to reduce depression and anxiety by offering unconditional love
5. Support overall cardiovascular health
6. They can help to boost confidence, self esteem and social skills
7. They increase your overall mood every day!