My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Our Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is a low-carb alternative to the original, and just as tasty as take away! Have it with egg, chicken, prawns or tofu to ramp up the protein, or as a delicious side dish!
1 cauliflower head
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
2 carrots, finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
1 capsicum, finely diced
1 cup of frozen peas
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tsp Sriracha, if desired
Sesames and/or coriander
Optional: shredded chicken, prawns or tofu
1. Using a large grater, grate the cauliflower into a rice consistency and set aside.
2. In a large pan, sauté the spring onions, garlic and ginger for around a minute, then add in the carrots, celery and capsicum and cook until tender - around 10 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower to the pan and cook until lightly golden - around 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the frozen peas, rice vinegar, soy sauce and Sriracha. Add in the shredded chicken, prawns or tofu if desired.
4. In a separate small pan, fry the eggs until the yolks are slightly runny - around 3 - 4 minutes.
5. Serve the rice and top with an egg, sesame seeds, coriander and spring onion.